Cinnamon definitely helps with weight problems because of its many beneficial properties. Not only does it burn excess fat but it also prevents them from accumulating further. Increases body heat, thus speeding up metabolism.
Reduces bad cholesterol levels, Regulates blood sugar levels and increases insulin action. In this way, it controls both diabetes and body weight. It is rich in polyphenols, which helps to lose excess weight. It is also effective in abdominal fat loss.
Cinnamon contains a compound called mineral chromium, which helps control appetite by stabilizing blood glucose levels. Another important compound that it contains, called hydroxycinnamaldehyde, acts against inflammation in the body and reduces the level of fat in the blood.
Cinnamon suppresses appetite and makes you feel full. Contains powerful antibacterial properties that help cleanse bad bacteria in the stomach for easy digestion and hence weight loss. And last but not least, cinnamon contains many important essential vitamins, minerals, fiber, iron, calcium, etc., which helps boost metabolism, boosts the immune system and improves memory.
How to take cinnamon
Consuming it regularly will give you the best results when it comes to weight loss.
You can consume cinnamon in the following ways:
Cinnamon with water
If you don’t know how to use cinnamon sticks to lose weight, here’s an effective recipe for you:
- Take 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, which is 2 cinnamon sticks, and add them to a glass of water.
- Let it boil, then cool it.
- Squeeze and drink.
The best time to drink this tea is early in the morning on an empty stomach before breakfast, which will speed up your metabolism.
Sprinkle it on your food
This method is used by people who do not like to drink cinnamon tea.
- Take 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder and sprinkle it on your food. It could be sliced apple, apple juice, sliced banana or just put it in your oatmeal.
- For best results, use it in the morning and evening before going to bed.
- Sprinkle it on whole grain toast, on sweet potatoes with maple sugar or syrup, or on sliced fruit.
Mix cinnamon with juices and other foods
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder to a glass of warm milk, hot chocolate, cappuccino or lemon water. Stir well and drink.
- You can combine it with other natural foods like honey, ginger, lemon juice and more.
- You can also add cinnamon to a puree of fresh fruit or juices.
Honey and cinnamon
- Boil a glass of water and add one teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Stir well and cook for a few more minutes.
- Allow the drink to cool, then strain it.
- Now add one tablespoon of honey, mix well and drink.
Cinnamon with apple and water
- Take 1/2 liter of filtered water, 2 apples and one teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Peel and slice the apples into thin slices.
- Put them in a large bowl of water.
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon to them.
- Stir well.
- Cool in the refrigerator.
For added taste, you can add raspberries or lemon
Cinnamon with banana, oats and almond milk
- Take 1 banana, 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder, 1/4 cup raw oats, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1 cup whole yogurt, 1 or 2 teaspoons brown sugar to taste
- Grind all the above ingredients (except the cinnamon powder) on a puree.
- Then garnish with it. It gives a natural sweetness.
- For added benefit, you can also add a spoonful of aloe vera.
Cinnamon diet for weight loss
The USDA says that consuming half to 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder with food each day will boost your metabolism 20 times and make fat cells more digestible.
Toast with cinnamon for breakfast
- Put 2 slices of bread in a toaster.
- Take 1 or 2 bananas as desired and crush them.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
- Stir well.
- Spread the mixture as butter on toasted bread and enjoy.
Sweet potato soup for lunch
- Finely chop the onion and a few garlic cloves.
- Fry them in oil for a few minutes.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, sweet potatoes, a pinch of hot red pepper and ginger powder.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add 100 ml of coconut milk and 100 ml of chicken broth.
- Cook for another 6 – 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and make the mixture homogeneous.
Sweet spicy quinoa for dessert
- Put 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 75 grams of quinoa and 150 ml of water in a pan.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Stir well and add 110 ml of coconut water. Allow to simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of honey, a handful of sliced nuts, fruits, apples and mix again very well.
- Cook everything for another 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
Here are some simple tips for making the best use of cinnamon:
- Consumption of 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder proven daily lowers cholesterol levels in the body. You can increase it to 2 teaspoons a day, but only if you are not allergic to it.
- There are three types of cinnamon: cassia, Indonesian cinnamon and Ceylon. Cassia is better than the others, but that does not mean that others will not do the job.
- Never forget that adherence to a healthy balanced diet and regular exercise are equally important for losing weight and maintaining good health.
- It is good to know that cinnamon helps prevent many health problems such as arthritis, toothache, heart disease, diarrhea, bladder infections, headaches, migraines, flu and the common cold. It improves digestion, works successfully against bad breath, solves hair problems, enhances memory and improves cognitive abilities.
Whether your goal is to lose weight or just keep your body in good shape, cinnamon will definitely help. But there is one more thing – it is capable of destroying bad bacteria and viruses in your body, which really makes it your lifelong friend.