Detox diet is a way to cleanse the whole body. In other words, this type of diet helps your body get rid of accumulated toxins.
However, once the detox period is over , it doesn’t mean you have to go back directly to your previous diet, no matter how healthy it is. Your body has adapted to a specific form of diet, so will not respond well to sudden change.
How to eat after a detox diet?
Here is a simple menu that you can follow after completing your detox diet:
- In the morning: drink raw fruit or vegetable juice or so. “Smoothie”, which is a fruit puree. Repeat when and if you want
- Lunch: salad and / or brown rice with mushrooms and other vegetables of your choice
- Dinner: soup with / or lightly stewed vegetables and salad. Sample recipe: cucumber, cabbage, onion, tomato, lettuce, sprouts. For the sauce you can mix raw apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, garlic and basil
- Drink plenty of filtered, distilled or alkaline water (you can drink it warm for more health benefits and better digestibility)
- Do not eat processed foods (pizza, burgers, snacks, sweets, etc.) for a few days, and if you can remove them from your future menu at all – even better
Note: You can consume everything you want, as long as you manage to maintain a balance between eating and overeating!
Basic principles to follow after detox
It is good to eat real food, and not just socially acceptable, tasty and emotionally satisfying foods. We must eat with the awareness that it nourishes our body.
Just as we choose the right oil and gas for our car and we know that if we put something else, it will potentially be the cause of some (internal) damage to the car.
The same goes for our body. Let’s pay attention to what we eat. As much as possible, choose everything that is organic, natural, seasonal, unprocessed, non-GMO, no additives.
Our main diet should be based primarily on vegetables, green leafy vegetables, fruits, grains, legumes, nuts, spices, herbs, herbal teas and mushrooms, instead of meat. Due to the high content of chlorophyll, vegetables , especially dark green leaves such as spinach, arugula, celery, parsley, kale, etc., have a very important role in increasing blood oxygen, cleansing and stabilizing blood sugar. They can be eaten raw in salads or in juices.
The raw vegan diet may sound new and unpleasant, but when we cook our food, we actually kill it. The more raw and live foods we consume, the more alive our energy will be.
Our body needs a certain amount of all food groups. There are 6 important criteria:
- Quality – the nutritional value of what we eat
- Frequency – how many times you eat a day
- Amount – how much food we ingest
- Time – when to eat
- Food combination – which food combinations we choose
- Health status – our current health status
During the day we should drink water, ideally 30 ml per kg. It has both the effects of dissolving toxins and helps to release fat.
It is recommended to avoid the consumption of a combination of carbohydrates and proteins to facilitate digestion and to lose weight more easily.
It is useful to have dinner early (around 6.00-7.00) to facilitate the digestive system.
Olive oil should be consumed raw, because during cooking its molecular structure becomes acidic and carcinogenic. Coconut oil and avocado oil are good for cooking because they are resistant to temperature.
Since meat and dairy products usually come from animals raised with antibiotics and growth hormones, we must be careful when consuming them, because these drugs are left in the tissues of animals.
If you are going to eat meat at all, it is good to choose organic products or if you are producing them, but you should not consume them too often to maintain balance in your body. Alternative solutions are: mushrooms instead of meat, legumes for protein, nut milk (eg almond) instead of animals.
Our offer for useful milk:
Soak almonds in clean water overnight, then strain it and mix with 3 cups of new, clean water. Blend in a blender and squeeze the mixture with gauze or a strainer. Here is a delicious and healthy milk for you and your family. Try it!
Use Himalayan salt (it contains 84 crude natural minerals) instead of regular table salt, and agave, molasses, dates, cinnamon or maple syrup (low glycemic index) as sugar substitutes.
When you get hungry during the day, you can eat healthy snacks such as raw unsalted almonds / walnuts / hazelnuts, preferably soaked overnight, mixed with fresh or dried fruit. You can prepare small jars to keep in your bag, in the car or in the office.
Nutritional supplements recommended for after detox
Probiotics are good bacteria that grow a more powerful intestinal flora, strengthen the immune system, prevent allergies and stop constipation, gas and bloating. They even make you happier because they make the brain produce 80-90% of the hormones endorphins and serotonin.
Algae, called Spirulina, is the most important source of plant proteins and vitamin B12. It balances blood sugar, indirectly helping to lose weight. It is also a great source of iron, which prevents fatigue. It can be taken in the form of tablets or powder, included in fruit purees.
Omega 3-6-9 fats (flaxseed, coconut oil, evening primrose oil, sunflower seeds, etc.) are indispensable for the body.
They are important for the following bodies:
- bone health
- prevent Alzheimer’s
- improve memory
- reduce premenstrual syndrome and depression
The goal is to learn discipline and self-management. Everything else will happen with time and patience.
When you stop a detox diet, what you eat after it will help your body adapt to the changes. It is best to consult a nutritionist, because each body is individual and may not respond the way you expect. .
How to avoid negative feelings
- Maintaining good bowel movements during any detox is crucial. Two of the best ways to help “move things” if constipation is a problem is to take magnesium or a source of vitamin C, but not synthetic ascorbic acid.
- Enemy or hydrotherapy. Many people do not know about the powerful healing and detoxifying effects of making a simple enema with warm water – a centuries-old cleansing practice – can easily be done at home
Another option is to perform a series of procedures for hydrotherapy of the colon, which are performed by a licensed professional using modern equipment and specially filtered water.
- Salt baths Adding sea salt, magnesium chloride, baking soda or a combination of them in a warm bath and standing in it for at least half an hour is a great way to remove toxins from the body through the skin.
A salt bath with Epsom is especially helpful as it detoxifies and helps eliminate any magnesium and sulfur deficiency that may exist in your body. (If you don’t have a bath, soak your feet in a basin or water your body with this water and massage to soak up.) Avoid agricultural varieties of Epsom salt
- Dry brushing of the skin Dry brushing of the skin of the whole body (except the face, neck, chest and genitals) with brush made of natural fibers is a fantastic method both for exfoliating the skin and for preventing potentially unpleasant symptoms caused by detox.
What happens after detox
Although the body should naturally detoxify, these days our bodies are exposed to pollution more than ever. This is a result of the commercial cultivation of food with pesticides, herbicides, fungi , etc.
Harmful are also processed foods with toxins, pharmaceuticals such as synthetic drugs, bacteria and viruses, detergents, cosmetics, synthetic clothing, toxic plastics in cars and their burnt gas and what not.
All these harmful substances and products are contained in the home and environment and put our bodies in a dangerous inability to cope with their disposal. It’s time to change that and start using natural alternatives.
Here is how the individual organs react after detox:
- Liver. The function of the liver is to detoxify the body, but it increasingly needs help. The problem is that when we are constantly under stress and intake of toxins, we store them in our adipose tissue, and so our body begins to get sick.
During detoxification, the liver finally gets help with its work. With the right herbs and vitamins, the detoxification process can even help burn fat in it. Your liver will begin to thank you within a week of the detox diet
- Leather. Once your body begins to excrete toxins, your skin may look worse before it looks better. Rash and bad color are possible due to the toxins released in the blood, but this will go away and the color of your skin will improve.
The skin will release toxins such as DDT, lead and cadmium, which normally reside in it. In two weeks you will start to see improvements. Oil production will decrease, acne will start to disappear and you will start to notice brighter and lighter skin.
- Brain. Your brain will also experience a number of improvements with the detox diet, but not on the first or second day, not even after a week. The most common symptom of withdrawal from harmful foods and substances is usually headache or pain behind the eyes. This improves after the third day.
Your energy will increase and the bad symptoms will decrease. By the end of the first week, you can expect a reduction in headaches and improved mental clarity, memory and concentration.