One of the first things that is associated with human development is building eating habits. After months of breastfeeding, there comes a time when mothers have to feed their children. This happens with the help of fruits and vegetables. Many tales and songs have been composed to guide children to love these foods, and then their habits often remain the same for a lifetime.
Fruits and vegetables should be present in our portions for many reasons. They are the best choice to satisfy hunger because they are carriers of many useful substances and can only have a positive effect on us if we take them correctly.
Some are high in starch, others in protein. Some saturate more and others do not. But they all supply the body with the necessary vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Systemic consumption increases a person’s energy and ability to work, and some even prevent or treat a number of diseases.
You don’t have to love all fruits and vegetables, but the more you eat, the better for yourself.
Vegetables are more often used after some processing or in more filling dishes. Fruits, in turn, are preferred as a finishing touch or an intermediate meal. Many wonderful desserts have been created, thanks to these plants.
Bananas are one of the most common fruits in the world. They grow in bunches of up to 20 fruits on trees in warm countries. They are mainly composed of water and a small amount of dry matter. The color of the bark on the outside is yellow, green, reddish and in rare cases silver. The fruit itself can be white, cream, yellow or even orange. Before it matures, it is firm and tough, but gradually softens and becomes juicy. Cultivated species usually lack seeds.
It is believed that both their parts – internal and external, are fit for consumption both raw and after heat treatment. Most often, their skin is discarded, but some Asian cultures eat it.
Banana plants are the largest herbaceous plants whose seeds are covered. They are tall and relatively massive. You may confuse them with trees, but their stem distinguishes them because they are not woody.
Bananas grow on different soils, provided that they are at least 60 cm deep and well drained. Their leaves are composed of a stalk and a petal. Banana plants have different heights, which depend on their variety and the conditions under which they are grown.
Bananas are a valuable source of vitamin B6 and soluble fiber. They also contain vitamin C, magnesium, potassium and three types of sugars – glucose, fructose and sucrose. They have a very good effect on digestion and metabolism. Bananas are a source of energy that is absorbed at the moment.
They are not only very tasty and useful, but can even reduce the risk of certain diseases such as breast cancer in women, colon cancer and others. They fight many negative states and keep us in great shape.
- Banana fights depression. The British Mental Health Association has carried out the following experiment – people suffering from depression have consumed a banana. They then claim to feel better, which is no surprise. This phenomenon is due to the fact that bananas contain a type of protein called tryptophan. During digestion, it is transformed into the so-called “happiness hormone” and has a positive effect on the body and mood.
- Thanks to the amounts of vitamin B6 as well as the iron that bananas contain, women can dissipate PMS and feel better. This is a great alternative to taking medication.
- These fruits contain iron, which converted into hemoglobin can affect the condition of anemia and help fight it.
- With the permission of the American Health Organization, the producers of this fruit define it as a means of combating high blood pressure and stroke. This is due to the low content of potash and at the same time low levels of salts, which makes it ideal for regulating blood pressure.
- The substance potasium also affects concentration by increasing it. It also stimulates the pupils. They become fast and agile. Eating two bananas a day is an ideal option to support learning activities.
- Digestive problems are very uncomfortable. Contrary to some claims, it is believed that due to the fiber content, bananas can solve constipation problems without the use of laxatives.
- Many people are disgusted by insects that can sting them. This situation is definitely not pleasant, but if it happens to you, do not look for ointments and medicines. Take a banana. Eat the inside and place the bark on the stung area. This will relieve the irritation and reduce the outflow.
- Whether because of the hectic daily life or a lot of commitments and tasks, people in the 21st century are very tense and often nervous. There are other factors, of course, that can shake the nervous system, but bananas are an excellent option for its regulation. This is thought to be due to the vitamin B content.
- If you suffer from intestinal problems, then you are probably recommended to eat bananas. They are the only raw fruit you can choose without worrying about the possibility of irritation.
- The banana is considered a “cooling” fruit by many people around the world. This fruit manages to lower the physical and emotional temperature at the same time.
- For smokers, bananas can be helpful. They reduce the need for cigarettes, again due to their high amount of tryptophan.
People who have developed an allergy to latex may have a certain reaction to this fruit.
What matters is how much we eat bananas. According to research, only 2 bananas can charge a person enough to withstand intense training (with an approximate duration of 90 minutes). This is one of the main reasons they are very popular with athletes.
It is also important in what condition the fruit is. It must be ripe – with a yellow, not a green peel. It also matters if it is reversed with chemicals. Don’t be fooled, many sellers offer exactly such products on the market. Trust reliable traders.
It is assumed that the daily consumption of two bananas will bore you and you will most likely give up. We advise you to diversify. There are many interesting recipes to include in them. Such are biscuit cake, banana bread, banana pancakes, banana creams, fruit salads and countless more.
They are very tasty, but can also be high in calories. If you monitor your daily intake of calories and macronutrients, you can easily change the recipes. We guarantee that you will enjoy it. Bananas can be suitable for your diet, as long as you consider the amount and choice of other foods. It is rich in complex carbohydrates that are broken down slowly in the body.
This factor stops the rise in blood sugar levels, so your body produces less insulin and you lose weight faster.
Interesting facts about bananas
Here are some interesting facts about bananas that can positively affect your attitude towards them. They are equal to two slices of bread, contain three times more vitamin C and four times more protein than apples. Most importantly, they are delicious and widely available.
Take care of your body and eat healthy. Bananas will be a good helper, remember that.